I'm finally getting around to posting about the Faith Christian '08 Auction.
I've been decorating for their auctions for about 4 years now & ALWAYS love doing it. Nita gives me 'free rein' (or that could be interpreted 'reign' too!) to do whatever I want with the theme & she is SO supportive of my ideas. There are always a bunch of ladies to help (without whom I couldn't do what I do!). And voila --- before you know it - it's done.
This was the first time I've done a Safari theme & my idea was to create a look based on early 1900's Africa ie: Out of Africa/African Queen, etc, with lots of textural elements, including animal prints and not too focused on the 'kill' factor, which makes some people squeemish. (is that a word?! - I think it ranks right up there with dollop!)
I think we were successful - I know I loved the results & they did too!
If you want to see more pics, check out my album on shutterfly (be sure to view the slideshow in full-screen mode for the best effect) http://share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=0AbuW7Fs2YuGLwQ&emid=sharshar&linkid=link5
1 comment:
love those table-scapes ;)
it turned out fantastic!
Post a Comment