It’s a simple thing ….. I mean really, how long have I been using a razor. Since I was 2, at least.
I even managed to survive the daily use of a double-sided razor ---- but not without scars.
On my shins.
And they had the nerve to call them “safety razors”.
Still do.
I even managed to survive the daily use of a double-sided razor ---- but not without scars.
On my shins.
And they had the nerve to call them “safety razors”.
Still do.
You remember those, right? There was an actual blade.
And it had to be replaced occasionally. Ever – so – carefully. So as not to inadvertently remove the tip of ones finger(s). I remain finger-tip intact.
Thank God – since I find them to be useful.
Thank God – since I find them to be useful.
My life may have turned out a bit different ….. or shorter.
So, you’d think by now - with this impressive history of blade handling – I’d be a bit more skilled in the modern day usage of disposable razors.
Hmmmm. Can I just admit that when they first came on the scene, I was a bit of a razor snob.
I got it from my Dad …….. sorta.
I doubt I can count the number of lazy Saturday mornings I spent, mesmerized, while my Dad performed his magic with a limited set of characters…
I got it from my Dad …….. sorta.
I doubt I can count the number of lazy Saturday mornings I spent, mesmerized, while my Dad performed his magic with a limited set of characters…
SHAVING MUG
SHAVING SOAP
SHAVING BRUSH
(with natural bristles of course)
The all-important
“SAFETY RAZOR”
AND
THE PIECE DE RESISTANCE
I bet you can still remember the smell.Wasn’t it the ONLY aftershave available?
Oh yes – my dad was a man’s man . ….. before it was a commercial. And as I think about it, could quite possibly be the Freudian reason I chose a very hirsute man to spend the rest of my life with…........
just so I could watch him shave.
At least I acquired my razor snobbery in a healthy way.
Those disposables were not for me – huh-uh, no way. But as standard issue razors became more & more expensive and more & more “plasticky”, I found my standards of razor ownership changing to the point where over the last few years, the words “disposable’ & ‘razor’ began to appear on the same line on my shopping list.
Enter today’s low point.
Whipped out a brand-spanking-new (disposable) razor – in pristine condition. These are the best when working at their peak of razory sharpness….. they are even blessed with a cute little see-thru removable cover.
“Wow --- this razor is just GLIDING across my skin” - they really HAVE improved these things I guess”.
But that’s only because.......
I forgot to REMOVE
the cute little see-thru
REMOVEABLE cover!!
Hope you’re having a smooth-skinned day.
MiMi









1 comment:
OMG- i neva laugh so haard in my hole life ;)
Love the story about Pop-pop, I remember being mesmerized by all his shaving stuff when I was little....
Post a Comment