Sunday, August 31, 2008

NINE MONTHS OLD


ONLY 3 more months till Leo's 1st Bday!
the proverbial time is flying and Mimi, once again,
was flying Southwest to see her boy!
Sam was in Ohio this past week on business,
so Jenna flew me down to do daycare duty ---
It's a tough job, but someone has to do it!!
Such a fun 3 days.....

Leo LOVED pushing this little plastic container all
around the house. I couldn't figure out the fascination.

Right now --- EVERYTHING goes into the mouth
& that gets a little scary- - - -
It's amazing how many little things Leo can find.


Leo is WAY more interested in playing with non
toy-type things - and you had better keep your eye
on him & know what he's into ALL the time ....
Let's see -- do you think MiMi will miss her pliers?


This was the week that MiMi introduced several new
food items to Leo's repertoire -
much to his mom's chagrin!
We tried avocado (mmmmm not so much), cheese,
kidney beans, chicken & Leo's new personal fav ---
Corn Chex soaked in milk!!




Every morning Leo took a sink bath while MiMi had
her coffee & toast ...... and then it just seemed the
perfect time to allow Leo to help feed himself .......
with spoons --- NO MESS TO CLEAN UP!


Don't you LOVE baby feet? And let me tell you ---
these feet are busy!! This boy is everywhere!!
The fun part is watching him assess everything ---
you can just see him processing as he makes
different attempts at controlling his world --
----from "is this wobbly chair going to support
me if I try to walk around it?" to "how many things
can I possibly put in my mouth at once?"


Leo loved pulling this stack of red cups out of the
cupboard and watching them do 'circles' on the floor

At one point, as he leaned over on one, it just
ricocheted out from under him ..... he was shocked ...
and the look on his face was classic!
..... almost like "how could you do this to me?"


It'll be only a week till I get to see him again ---
this time I'll take Grampa Ken & Great-Uncle Pete
back with me!!!
Can't wait ........... see you all soon!

3 comments:

Rachel K. Lincoln said...

I just can't believe how fast he is growing!
My little Le-Le ;)

Tamar said...

I absolutely love these pics of Leo. Priceless.

And I like the morning bath sink idea!

Jenna Tunes said...

Great photos mom!! I love him!
My fave pic is of the dirty hands on his walker table. Yummy stuff.