Friday, June 13, 2008

Just Back from SD ....... Again!

I got to spend a WHOLE WEEK with my beautiful girls and my prince of a grandson,Leo! Samuel was in Philadelphia for the week on business - so, of course, Mimi to the 'rescue' so mom wouldn't have to drive so far to the babysitter on the days she had to work. It's not very often we get to spend time together - just us girls - so that made for a special week & then I did get to spend time with Samuel when he got back -- always fun. We hooked up with my niece, Heather, on Sunday @ Panera (one of our fav spots) -- Her husband, Daniel, is waiting for her in Frankfurt, Germany. She'll be traveling the end of July to meet him & live there for 3 years! Daniel is recently returned from his 3rd tour in Iraq and was offered the opportunity to work for the embassy system as a sort of liason for the guys/gals stationed at the American Embassies in Europe. Sounds like a fabulous opportunity for both he and Heather -- they LOVE to travel, she takes fabulous pictures and there are no little ones yet, so why not? This duty will be considerably different for Daniel than his last 3 tours were!!! I think they're looking forward to being together more. Heather is just finishing her work/studies for her Masters -- congratulations you two!!
And what can I say about LEO!?!?! Wow -- he is so much fun right now ... his little personality is coming out loud & clear!! He had me laughing all week! He is SO active -- I told Jenna not to be too anxious to have him crawling/walking!!
My favorite times of the week: watching him play hide/seek with his mommy while in his crib & him squealing in delight when he would find her ........gumming his 'microwave' oatmeal (that boy LOVES his food) ........ immediately looking for his shadow the minute he goes outside (practically falling out of your arms in doing so!)........ standing at the folding chair and making drum noises by banging on the seat & yelling .......
Did I mention I LOVE THIS BOY?!! Here are pics from the week!!











4 comments:

Leah said...

What a beautiful little boy! He has the most beautiful eyes. He looks like sweetheart! I would love to meet him. Does Jenna have any plans to visit Yuba anytime soon?

Rachel K. Lincoln said...

I LOVE THAT BOY TOO!
His sweet & curious personality is just adorable!
While I can't wait for him to walk and talk (just wanna hear what he has to say!) I am enjoying every minute of him now. I know we are gonna lose 10 lbs just chasing after him once he is up, and literally, running!
It was a fun week having you around!!

Jenna Tunes said...

Having MiMi here was yet again, amazing. Leo is so lucky.

Amy said...

What an ADORABLE grandson you have....I guess you already know that though, don't you??!!