Monday, June 16, 2008

What Decorators Do When They're Bored?


Remember my pics from March postings of my beautiful living room?

Well ...... it's not lookin' too pretty right now! We're getting a NEW ROOF!

Because the ceiling is open to the roof-line , once they remove the shingles, woo-boy, what a mess. We moved all our furniture into the middle of the room (except for the big hutch) and covered everything with a plastic tarp --- Right now there's about a 1/2 inch of roof crud on every surface imaginable!!! (well, maybe I'm exaggerating ---- NOT!)

Needless to say, that living room is going to be super clean once they're done.

Now, who can I find to do that dirty little job? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Any volunteers?

Thank the Lord the rest of the house doesn't look like that -- but all the decorations are either on the dining room table or on the back porch!!!!.

Ken said that right now the LR looks like it probably would if he were decorator! hehehehe
I've always said he could be happy in a hut (as long as he had me!)

The one good thing about this mess is that it makes me not want to spend too much time here at the house, so I've spent some time at my storage, cleaning/clearing that out too! (did I mention we emptied the attic on Saturday? & all THAT stuff went to our storage)

Ah, life in the fast lane .........
Didn't anyone turn me in for "Clean House"!?!?!

3 comments:

Rachel K. Lincoln said...

So, how much did merry maids quote?
I know it will be back to normal spectacular-ness in no time!

Not sure which is worse- cleaning up after the roof deal or cleaning out the storage?!

Jenna Tunes said...

Fun Fun Fun. Will you come clean our new place when you're done? Just kidding. But I guess I know who to call, when we have to do the dirty deed of replacing our roof. Looks like you've got it down, pat!

Darlene said...

I forward your message to Julie,How fun to see your beatuiful girls all grown up!
God Bless