Sunday, September 21, 2008

BEAUTIFUL BALBOA PARK

I think one of the most extraordinary (for those of you in Rio Linda - that was a tongue-in-cheek play on words ------ remember we just visited Extraordinary Desserts?!!!!) places to visit in San Diego is Balboa Park. It reminds me in many ways of Golden Gate Park in San Francisco --- but considerably smaller, I think.

My favorite thing to do @ Balboa is to catch the Sunday afternoon Pipe Organ recitals. I LOVE music -- it was my whole life growing up -- so being able to do this is very nostalgic. AND -- the Spreckels pipe organ is in an outdoor arena!
The various museums and other buildings were actually built for the Pan-American Exposition in the very early 1900's & were meant to be temporary --- hard to imagine when you see the beautiful architecture.



The lily pond in front of the house of flowers ---

I LOVE this spot!


The weather was fabulous & we enjoyed being outside with a lot of other people who were there to enjoy the day too.

No comments: