this handsome boy? 8 months old already &
as entertaining as can be! -- He thinks he's SO
cool in his "leo-mobile" (walker) -- it's amazing
how he manuevers all over that house -- it helps
to have wood floors too. In another few weeks he'll
be pulling himself straight up -- he's already tried by
holding onto our PJ legs .... a little precarious.

Leo was like - "it's about time you came to see me Grampa!"

My two best boys!!! They're buds now!!
We never knew you could love anyone more (?)
than your own kids ---
then Leo came along! (sorry Ra&J)

5 comments:
Still love ya Mom!!!!
It was wonderful having you and dad around. As always, it was way too short!
Update - he is pulling himself up now on my pant legs now. Next step will be to stand up without grabbing anything, I guess.
How adorable are those two together??? So cute.
Aunt Beckie,
I'm glad you like my blog... and yours is great too! It is fun hearing what is going on with y'all. Little Leo is so cute! And please feel free to post a link to my blog... I love sharing our experiences over here! Talk to you soon... God bless!
Hi Beckie!
I'm so sorry to hear about your friend. Pancreatic cancer is one of the toughest cancers to beat, but it really depends on when they catch it. They caught my Dad's early enough that he was able to undergo the Whipple surgery, which at the time was meant to extend his life maybe another year. He spent that whole year recovering from surgery, then going through chemo and radiation. When the radiation was complete, we waited. That second year, I held my breath, not sure when the cancer would return. But then, scan after scan came back that year showing no cancer. The third year, it almost seemed like it never happened. Now he's in his fourth year since he was diagnosed (he was diagnosed about 6 weeks after my son Sam was born), and there's still no cancer! It's amazing. If you look at the statistics for pancreatic cancer, less than 5% of people survive five years. I think positive thinking and prayer have a lot to do with it. My advice is to not focus on the statistics and to spend as much time with this friend as you can. The unknowns are the most difficult and right now, no one really knows how your friend will respond or how early they caught the cancer. Live in hope, but try to prepare yourself as well. It's one of the worst cancers. I'm so sorry to hear about your friend's diagnosis. Be strong, and for you, make sure you personally surround yourself with people who will love and support you, because you will need it. Hope that was somewhat helpful. I know how hard it can be. I will be thinking of you and your friend. Karli
Post a Comment